Australian High Commission
Responsibility for Bermuda

Online lodgement for Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visas (subclass 400) from 23 November 2014

Online lodgement for Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visas (subclass 400) from 23 November 2014

From 23 November 2014, the Australian Government is providing online access to nationals of various countries to apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400) including:

Antigua and Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Dominican Republic
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago

For the complete list of eligible nationalities, please refer to (see: Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa online application).

The online visa lodgement system is available to applicants at their convenience, seven days a week, without the need to apply in person or send in application forms by mail. Applications can be made at (see: Online Services).

To start an application, you will first need to create your own online account, known as ImmiAccount. ImmiAccount lets you create and manage all your online visa applications in one place. You can use your account to:

• lodge and pay for your visa application
• continue a saved application
• attach documents if required, and
• check the progress of your application.

Please note that you will need access to a credit card to pay for an online application. A third party may complete an online application on your behalf with your consent.

If your visa is granted, you will not require a visa label in your passport, as your visa details will be stored electronically. You can check your visa conditions before you travel to Australia using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. See: Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)

For more information about online visas and nationalities eligible to make online applications, see:


Note: If you do not have access to the internet, you can still make a paper visa application. If you are applying from Canada or the Caribbean or Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama), you should send your paper visa application to our office in Washington DC. See: