Australian High Commission
Responsibility for Bermuda


Elections and Overseas Voting

Voting while overseas

Please visit the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website for complete information on enrolment procedures and voting in federal elections while overseas.  You may also contact the AEC by e-mail ([email protected]) or by telephone (+61 2 6160 2600).  Overseas residents may subscribe to the AEC mailing list in order to receive notifications of future federal elections and referendums. You can also follow the AEC's Twitter account: @AusElectoralCo. 

Check My Enrolment

You can check your current electoral enrolment by visiting the AEC website

Registering as an overseas voter

If you are already enrolled to vote and are living overseas, you may register as a postal voter.  As a registered postal voter, you will receive a postal vote in the mail after the announcement of a federal election. 

If you are unable to vote

You may complete and submit an overseas notification form if you are unable to vote in an election while overseas.  The form may be completed at any time and provides you with an option to be removed from the electoral roll while you are overseas.

State and Territory Elections

Please contact your state or territory electoral authority for information about registering and voting in a state/territory elections while overseas.

NT -
SA -
WA -

2020 Queensland state election

A general election will be held in Queensland on 31 October 2020.

Voting will be available to eligible electors, including those overseas at the time, from Monday 19 October 2020 until election day.


For  information regarding your enrolment or eligibility to vote, visit the Electoral Commission Queensland (ECQ) website:, or contact the ECQ via email ([email protected]) or telephone (+61 7 3035 8103).

Overseas Voting

In-person voting will NOT be available at the High Commission or Consulates

If you are overseas at election time, you will be eligible to vote by phone. International call charges will apply.

To register to vote by phone, call +61 7 3035 8107 and selection Option 1. You will be asked to verify yourself on the electoral roll. After registering, call +61 7 3035 8107 an select Option 2 to cast your vote.

For further information, including details on registering and voting times, refer to the ECQ's Telephone voting for overseas electors fact sheet.

Additional Information

Further information is available on the ECQ website:, or by contacting the ECQ via email ([email protected]) or telephone (+61 7 3035 8103).


Note: Registration forms listed on this page should be submitted directly to the AEC or state/territory authority (by mail, fax or electronically) and cannot be forwarded through the Australian High Commission or other Australian offices in Canada.